Boys

Boys
Is four a set?

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Happy, Happy Birthday To You (To You)!!

I am rushing to get this post out by midnight tonight...today was my mamma's birthday, she turned 53.  I know a lady's age is supposed to be top secret, but my mamma is the youngest of all my friends as far as I know, so I think it's worth bragging about!  My sister H came down to stay with my sister S and today we all picked up my mom and my sister L and hit the town.

We really had a lot of fun investigating the 'thrifty' stores around town.  I was the only person who didn't come home with a bag full of assorted bargains but only because I just sold off all my possessions to move around the world.  Now I wish that I would have taken a moment or two through the day to snap an image of the fun things they all got (ooops, rookie blogger mistake)!

After we decided to get Thai food, go back to S' house and veg for a bit.  We found out then that Thai food is not available in Muncie at 3pm so we settled for Chinese food and pizza (what a combo) and headed out to Chesterfield.  We all over-indulged, AJ1 had SIX pieces of pizza!

Next we had to stop at 'the Walmart' as AJ1 loving always refers to the store.  We took the opportunity for a photo before we left.  My original idea was that I would have an image printed to give to my mom before I left town so I asked her to take one of all us girls and my boys (minus AJ3 who hasn't been feeling well and stayed with my ma-maw today).  Those few minutes ended up being classic and I will share those with you at the end...

We hit Walmart North and were doing really well when AJ1 turned to all of us teasing about his southern accent and emptied the contents of his stomach in the middle of the aisle - YUCK!  We handled that the same way 'the girls' (as my family refers to us) handle everything; swiftly, with a laugh while working together and kept moving.

When we said goodbye tonight we knew it would probably be the last time for a good long while. So much will change between now and the time that I see them again.  I can go on and on and plan to again sometime but for now I just want to say thank you to my mamma, on her birthday, for giving me the absolutely best gift I could ever ask for, my fabulous, amazing, fantastic, sometimes a bit dramatic, sisters!!

This was the first photo my mom took -- blurry!!

Here is the next photo, S, L and I are all but out and who knows what AJ1 is doing!?!

There were a few others but this turned out to be the best except that L is hiding behind S!  



No comments:

Post a Comment