Boys

Boys
Is four a set?

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sheep World (At Last!)

It's unbelievable but when I want to blog I have to shut my Gmail down (work email), which I never really close out of because it means I have to shut down spreadsheets that I like to have access to, well, all the time...

You know, if you want to know how many checks the company has out at 2 am (granted that it is 9 am in the states at the moment) I want to be able to stagger out of bed, look at my desk and see that total.  Want to make sure that you responded to all emails at 4:30 am, a quick stagger down the hall to look in the sent folder and your done (okay, I actually do this one from bed and my phone but I'm trying to break that habit).  I could go on and on but really unless you are on the OLAS exec list, you don't care, I promise.

Aaaaanyway, I have been wanting to tell you all about sheep world for more than a month now and I just haven't.  We were pretty darn sick when we went to Sheep World.  I didn't realize it when we left that morning but my sheer tenacity to leave the house for a few hours and my emotional tie to Go. To. Sheep. World. should have been my first hint!  I get emotional when I'm sick (or when any other part of my delicate balanced life is off-kilter).

New Zealand's is famous for lamb.  It is hard to believe that in the last thirty years the population of people has risen while the population of lamb has steadily declined.  That being said, lamb is everywhere here (and wool, etc, etc).

We packed the boys up and headed  slightly out of town to see this theme park devoted to the New Zealand profession of farming sheep...

Here are some photos:



































There was an animal petting area, a nature walk and a show that we watched and some people participated in.  It was a pretty cool place but I have to be honest, it wasn't the cleanest place I have ever visited.  I grew up with country all around me and I know that any farm can be a dirty place but I also know what a well kept farm looks like, this was marginally less than an Indiana standard well kept farm, but those standards are high.  It was a fun day out when you take into account that we were all probably running fevers by the time we got there!  JJ was not sick and tried to warn me several times -- maybe I'll listen next time.  In the end, the boys and I relapsed and all spent the next several days at home sick AGAIN!  

1 comment:

  1. What a fun adventure Amy, even if you had to pay the price later.

    ReplyDelete