Boys

Boys
Is four a set?

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Quickie...

Today was census day here in NZ.    You can read all the fine print here.  There are lots of links to years gone by as well.

Here's a photo of the forms...

I won't lie, I don't remember what the US census asks.  I'm not sure if I completed the last one or not -- oops!

This one felt invasive to me.  If you know me very well, you know I'll tell you just about anything but I get squirmy when I'm asked a lot of questions.  Oh and if the government's asking, I become belligerent.

My grandfather was a local union president.  I grew up in the shadow of his car being bombed, at home, before I was born (I think).  Papaw Jay didn't even like the fact that there was a seat belt light in your car (it might be tracked) and when day running lights came along, it was as if the government had implanted a chip in him (although I think that he was sicker than we knew by then).

So the government, any government, asking me things like my name, my children's names, our ethnicity and religion and where we"ll be sleeping on a specific night was, well, a bit creepy for me ;)

Nah, really it was short, sweet and to the point and I was able to do it online!!  Whooo-hooo!!

Happy census day (well, night now)!!

Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. You and yours have been counted, time to move back to the USA!

    ReplyDelete