Boys

Boys
Is four a set?

Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Hi there!  Today was one of those days where I couldn't help but stop and be thankful for so many things in life.  As I write this Van Morrison is crooning Bang Masters from my living room, a fire is cozy in the fireplace,  the house smells of garlic as dinner is almost finished with my AJs and my JJ all around, so much to be thankful for.

Let's start out with the good.  Today I heard from a few different people.  Each of them from a different area or era of my life but they all said really nice things.  I needed that today.  I am so thankful for each of them and for so many others who have shaped me and I hold dear to my heart (chances are good if you are reading this you are counted in this number).  I have been so blessed with the right people at the right time.  Maybe I will expand on this another time.

The bad.  My family's oldest, dearest friends were effected by tragedy today, lost a member and have another injured in the hospital.  Life is so precious and we take it for granted so easily. It is hard to be away at times like this and we are praying for them.

The ugly.  We have to move again.  Not such a drastic move this time.  We are hoping to stay in Parnell but the owner of our house has decided to sell and is willing to let us out of our lease if we choose to leave earlier than January.  I just want to be settled as we can be so I am currently looking for a house again!

I decided that I would take this opportunity to share the bit of home we have had time to create here on Brighton Road, Parnell, Auckland.  Here are some photos of our humble abode (I warn you, these are not the best photos even I have taken so be prepared).

Three of my boys

My baby is growing up (and looking like a Cleaver, smiles)

Okay so this is a really bad photo but that is a parrot outside my kitchen window

AJ1 requested that I include this photo, Rosie.

AJ2 has taken to the smaller fridge. It's just the right size for him to get into (constantly)
I guess it will be even worse when I have teenage boys, right?

The view from our room

One of the boys beds.
Weird to only have one cot here and two twins, my babies are growing too fast.


We have so much closet space and so few belongings that we don't need any drawers!

Okay, for real, how cute is this?

Just about everyone has a cat door here...we do not however have a cat (in New Zealand)!

Our lodgey living room is so cozy for my fam.

Depending on how long we end up here, in this house, you may see photos of decorative items or the ten million crafts that I have pinned for the boys to do on rainy everyday, but given the fact that we only showed up with suitcases (even if it seemed like a trillion), I think we have done quite well in six weeks time settling in.  Of course we have a few other rooms but with the vomit fest that has been happening this week and the fact that I worked at the dining table all day, those were not ready to be photographed.

Cheers!

PS JJ has asked to do a guest post, think should let him?


3 comments:

  1. would love to hear from JJ and the picture of the coats and boot is the cutest thing ever. please frame it as a reminder to the boys that they were all once small:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first started reading I felt as if I were in your home-- right there with you! Loved the pictures as well as the update =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - I'm sorry to hear about having to move again! Yuck. Renting in NZ is so weird, in my opinion. And I'm so sorry that you guys have been sick! Praying you all get over it soon and feel better fast. Let me know if you need anything :-)

    ReplyDelete