Boys

Boys
Is four a set?

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Homemade Play Dough and Other Adventures

Today was one of those days that I didn't feel like doing anything, had a million things to do and was feeling restless doing absolutely nothing.  JJ, AJ1 and I hit the Parnell Farmer's and Craft Market this morning and we were underwhelmed (I think we just LOVE the French Market so much it can't compare) and JJ had to go back to the hospital.  I had our newly acquired mini-van but Mamaw isn't feeling great (vomit fest continues!) and the gorgeous morning was quickly fading to a glum afternoon so I decided to stay home.

I have tons of crafty art projects pinned so I decided I would explore one AJ1 and I could do together (the other AJs were napping).  We decided on making homemade play dough from this recipe.  It turned out great even for this no-art, no-craft mamma!!  I would highly suggest it for a rainy day project, chances are, you have everything you need to make it right in your cupboard!!
The set up began...

All those jumbo sized things I purchased were put to good use 

Finished product.  Six colors in less than one hour all the while washing all the
utensils in between each color (I have limited kitchenware here -- one stock pot).

The testers


We did have one mis-hap when I had to go in and tend to the laundry and AJ1 decided that he would SMELL the blue food coloring.  We both have blue hands now.  Who needs to SMELL FOOD COLORING!  I had a glass of wine shortly after the play dough was finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment