Boys

Boys
Is four a set?

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Silver and Gold

Today is JJ's last day of a week's long vacation (no, we aren't using his week of vacation to have a baby this year).  JJ works hard and likes to play hard but this vacation was spent working, not playing!  Since we have been busy, busy bees around here this week I have not documented this process as much as I would like so I plan to detail much of the last week in coming days.  It was an interesting and unexpected turn of events that took place and let me know that once again, God seems to be blessing our decision to pick up and move (stay tuned for details).

Tonight, I want to talk about friends, my friends in particular and they are golden!

When I have a sick child, I don't have to ask for help, my friends ask me!  All I have to do is say, I can't make it to playgroup and someone offers to run to the grocery, help with the healthy AJs, listen to me complain (seriously had friends this week offer all of these AND MORE)!

When AJ2 and AJ3 were each born, friends brought me dinner FOR A MONTH!!  Seriously, a month of friends dropping by to see the baby and bring us a hot meal.  My friends are golden!

When we rode into town on a dream and a prayer, this little city accepted and embraced us. Now, to the point and what caused this melancholy in me tonight...

A variety of things kept me from seeing a friend before she and her family moved overseas today!  The boys have been sick for a week (we even procured our first antibiotic - yuck) and as I mentioned before Jesse was on vacation, etc.  Life just kept getting in the way!

 I opened Facebook tonight to see a photo of my friend's little ones at Dulles waiting on their flight and my heart sank!!  In a few short weeks we will leave our sweet little city with our golden friends and start once again.  I will take with me one of the best secrets C-ville has shared, how to be a wonderful friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment