Boys

Boys
Is four a set?

Monday, March 19, 2012

I'll Take Three of Everything

Yes, I am that annoying mom who dresses her children all alike.  I know that others find this annoying because, well, they like to stop me and tell me on a regular basis.  I still do it.

Getting three boys three and under out the door is not easy.  If I must (and you know there are times when I absolutely must), I can get everyone (including me) up, fed, showered, dressed and out the door within an hour and a half.  I think that is pretty impressive when you think it is an average of 5.625 minutes per task, per person and I am not even taking time out of that for things like carrying everyone out to the car or buckling them all in car-seats.

Dressing the boys alike makes my life easier.  I think it's safer, I recognize them on a crowded playground more quickly and could describe them in detail if an emergency arose.  I'm not going to lie to you though, I simply like the way they look when they all match.  It feels neat and tidy to me.

My Mamaw buys most of the boys clothes.  She buys them in triplicate now and calls me often with sizing questions as I am sure you can imagine gets confusing.  The boys receive packages regularly and when she comes for a visit it feels like Christmas to me every time (for so many reasons that I am sure to explore at a later date).  Of course, with the move to New Zealand, this too shall change.

Mamaw brought them clothes to take over when she came this last time but we need to get so many more.  You see, my boys are big boys and they tend to move up in size rapidly.  AJ 2 who will be two shortly wore 3T pants the last few days because they just seem to fit him better.

So we hit the sales over the weekend and I was thrilled to find that a very mild winter had left the racks stocked!    In case you are at all interested, what you see here represents 42 clothing items, 14 for each boy.  There aren't lots of pants in the photo but don't despair, we have denim coming out of our ears and dress pants too.

Mamaw provided these.  New winter coats, hats and mittens for each boy.  Each coat comes with an inserted fleece jacket that can be worn alone.  I'm not expecting lake effect snow, but we have it all covered!

I decided storing the clothes in suitcases was the best route for me.  I can keep tabs on what will fit and make room in their closet as I clean off more and more of the shelves.  I think eventually I will be able to fit so much more will fit in this case.

 This week we have to tackle a more pressing and immediate need, new shoes for three!  Happy shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment