Boys

Boys
Is four a set?

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Father Time, The Baby New Year and the Mother Load of Resolutions

I am a resolution girl.  I currently have about 25, half thought out, resolutions written down.  A few I can't start until after 4 shows up, about half way through the year.  A few I shouldn't begin until we move later this month.  A few yet that I just need time to consider.

Finally there are some that I news to start now...

1.  I need to spend focused time with the boys.

AJ2 has been showing interest in the toilet.  Okay, he's been taking his diaper off and going to the toilet.  I need to set a timer for each hour and just take him!

AJ1 has zero motivation to learn ANYTHING!  He is interested in candy and the apple remote.  I think we need to start a reward system using candy money or screen time.

AJ3 just needs more of me.  When 4 gets here his world is going to change.  His current favourite quote is "I'm the baby!".

2.  I need to learn how to trust.  I'm bad at this.  It's hard to form relationships when you are always questioning.  I could analyse but this is boring enough...

3.  Stay focused.  I can be distractable in my personal life.

4.  Settle in.  Now that I know we will be here another year it's time to make some roots.  Temporary roots but roots none the less.

After this next move I will have been in six houses since 2007.  I need to make our house a home even if its only six months at a time.  We don't have any photos on our walls or personal items out.  This needs to change!

2013 will essentially be about JJ and the AJs, especially AJ4 buried like to throw some updates into this blog here and there so be ready.  What are the other 21 on my list you ask...well, I may share some, I may drop some and I may keep some to myself, time will tell.

Before you go, I'd like to ask a couple of favours.

First, on average I get 100 hits on my blog per post but I only have 8 followers.  I'd LOVE to know more about you, follow me so I know who you are (please)!

Finally, I'd really like to hear what you have planned for the new year.  It doesn't have to be in the form of resolution but any plan you are making!  Big plans, big moves, new dog?  Share (please)!

I hope your new year stays shiny and bright each and every day of 2013!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Do you want to get together soon with the kids...I start work in 2 weeks! Beach, park, mall...I'm up for anything. I'll inbox you my cell phone on FB so you can text me if easier.

    ReplyDelete