Boys

Boys
Is four a set?

Monday, October 1, 2012

Funny Stuff

I know, I know, I promised gorgeous images of Coromandel but instead, I offer you some funny, funny photos from a recent trip to Waiheke Island.  Just before Mamaw left JJ and I hopped the ferry (ALONE) and headed out to Waiheke.  It was a special day for us and I thought about not sharing it but when I found the photos, I thought everyone would get a kick out of us riding scooters!



Waiheke is a really pretty little island that has been filled with vineyards (well, darn!).  It makes a fun day of touring the various vineyards and partaking in tastings.  It was fun to look around too.  Some had "fine" art for sale and others had more rustic "crafts" in their shops.  The restaurants were nice and of course, the views were amazing (although it rained while we were there and I wasn't able to get many photos).  



According to Wikipedia, Waiheke was named by the Maori explorer, Kahumatamomoe, who landed there to urinate.  The name means "the descending waters".  True story.




The gentleman who we rented the scooters from was worried about me driving.  You could see it on his face.  He asked me if I had ever driven a scooter (on the wrong side of the road while out tasting wine) before and I answered with an unequivocal  of course (hell no!).  

Personally, I think I did an amazing job, I just didn't drive over 25 miles an hour (the entire island was a school zone, no?).  When the rain came we took the scooters back and were planning to get back on the ferry to come back to Auckland but he handed us the keys to a car instead and told us to keep it out as late as we wanted.  







All in all, another great day!

1 comment:

  1. Scooter driving on the wrong side of the road is MAJORLY impressive lady! Way to go and way to get some quality time in with your husband too. Hopefully the plague has lifted at your house now so you can get out and about again soon for some more adventures.

    ReplyDelete