Boys

Boys
Is four a set?

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday, In the Park, I Think It Was the 14th of July...

Let's just start by saying that call works differently here (and shout a huge, Thank God!).  Most UVA residents who are sent to NZ come out of the lab, not junior residency so the hellish years are not as easily recalled as they are for my family.  I'm not complaining but stating a simple fact that while JJ learned to do his thing, the last year or so has been hard on me soooo, JJ being on home call is AH-MAZ-ING!!!  In fact, I found myself becoming an angry middle-aged woman last year but that's another post all together (I know, poor me, my husband has to work hard...).

JJ is on-call all weekend but we had a better family day today than we have had in weeks, I mean months, I mean years (okay, maybe a slight over-statement but you get my point). JJ got up "early" (like 7 am) and went to hospital, came home and we all walked over to the park called Auckland Domain.  The Domain is the oldest park in Auckland and has an interesting history (including being Camp Hale, a US barracks from 1942-1944).  Of course, like everything, it's a volcano...

We had a nice time and I got some photos, nothing incredible, but I'll share at any rate..




AJ1 LOVES to fly kites (and he really is good at it).  Flying a kite is one of the few memories that I have with my dad so I love to indulge this.  We headed to the toy store yesterday and specifically purchased a "pocket kite" to have on hand.  We put it to good use today.









There is so much beauty here, I cannot wait to see what things are like when the weather warms up a little (not that it's really cold here now).



















No comments:

Post a Comment